At T. O’D Jewels is a trading name of T. O’ Donoghue Ltd and we take your privacy seriously. Part of our commitment to our customers is to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to us.
1. What Data do we collect and how do we collect it?
Whilst navigating our site at various different times you may decide to share your personal information. Below we have listed the types of personal information that may be collected, stored or used.
· Information about your computer including your general location, browser type and operating system.
· Information regarding your visits to our website including the number of pages viewed, length of visit & referral source.
· Your email address, phone number and name if you choose to use our services such as registering for our newsletter or contacting us via our online contact us, enquiry or ‘We buy fine jewellery’ forms.
· Information that is generated whilst using our website including when and how often you use our website.
· When making a purchase from our website the categories of data we may collect are your full name, phone number, email address, delivery address and payment information.
· If you choose to visit us at our office by appointment, we will require a phone number or email address and a possible form of ID if collecting goods bought online
· Any other personal information you choose to share with us.
Our website www.todjewels.com is not aimed for children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect their personal information. If a situation arises and we learn we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 then we will delete all data immediately from our systems.
2. How will we use your data?
Personal information submitted to us via our website will be used strictly for the purposes specified in this policy.
· Processing your orders and delivering your purchase
· Contacting you with relevant information regarding your order or enquiry
· Confirming appointments made via our website or over the phone
· Emailing you with our newsletter if you register to receive it (You can cancel this service at any time you wish)
· Enabling the use of our services on our website.
· Keeping our website secure and to prevent fraud
· To understand our customer demographics, preferences & interests.
· To enable essential features on our website
· For processing returns and responding to complaints
· To improve our customer experience whilst shopping on our website
· If you choose to submit a review or picture for publication on our website or social media, then we will publish and use that information in accordance with the license you grant us.
3. Information We May Share
In order to process and deliver your order we may share your personal information with the following
· Any of our employees to enable them to process your order
· Our insurers to cover any parcels in transit
· Our third-party service providers such as shipping companies.
· If we are required to do so by law
· In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
· In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to other for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
At T. O’D Jewels we will not share or supply your personal information to any third party for marketing use.
If you choose to sign up to our newsletter then you have the right at any time to opt out. You may do this by contacting us or via the link on our email.
You may at any time instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
5. Security Of Your Personal Data
At T. O’D Jewels we follow strict security procedures utilising both physical and electronic security protocols to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
· We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal details.
· We will store all the personal information you provide on our password and firewall protected servers.
· All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encrypted technology
· You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal data you transmit or disclose to us via the internet.
· You are responsible for keeping your password used for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you login to your account on our website).
6. What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
Our company T. O’D Jewels would like to make you aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access – You have the right to request our company copies of your personal data.
· The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our company correct any information that you believe to be inaccurate. You also have the right to ask our company to complete any information you believe to be incomplete.
· The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to restrict processing – You have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal information, under certain conditions
· The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our company transfer the data we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us via the following methods.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – UK: 0207 242 8001 International: 0044 207 242 8001
Write to us – Suite 123, 100, Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8NX
We may ask you to supply appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose. We will usually accept a photocopy of your certified passport, driving license or an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
7. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data containing a string of letters and numbers sent by a website and is stored on the user’s computer, mobile phone or other device by the user’s web browser. These cookies collect standard internet log information for example visitor usage and activity. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies about your usage whilst on our site.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however the types of cookies we use are listed below.
· Functionality – These cookies help us to enhance the performance and functionality of your shopping experience. These could include remembering your preferences or device if you return to our site.
· Essential Operation – These cookies are necessary to help us operate our services and are required to allow you access to our secure areas such as your account and shopping basket.
· Analytics and Security – We use analytic cookies to gather information on how our website is being used by our customers. We also use the data we collect to help prevent fraud and improve the security of our website
· Social Networking - These allow our users to share our content and pages on third party social networking platforms.
9. How To Manage Cookies
Most web browsers all allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you choose to block cookies you may not be able to use all the features on our website. You can delete cookies at any time already stored on your web browser by accessing your settings.
10. How to Contact Us
Phone UK: 0207 242 8001
Phone International: 0044 207 242 8001
By Post: T. O’ Donoghue Ltd
T/A T. O’D Jewels
Suite 123, 100, Hatton Garden